Friday, March 4, 2011

Mustang Fodder

Above is one of my favorite photos of the Mustang!  In the photo, you can just make out a Route 66 sign post and the name of the restaurant is Clanton's in Oklahoma. I really enjoy driving the car and after seven plus years of saving (I have owned the little fastback for nine years) I am finally getting her repainted! I can only hope it doesn’t take that long to put it all back together…  Its age and almost daily use has taken a toll as there are several patches of rust and paint flaking off!  The car is a 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 GT Fastback built in San Jose, California, ivy green with black pony (deluxe) interior.  There is evidence in the upper corners of the trunk, that it may have been turquoise at one time. Maybe the original color, maybe not - the car has probably been painted several different times over the course of its forty-six year old history. Purists don’t hate me, but I am changing the color from ivy green to silver metallic blue (which happens to be an original color for Mustang in 1965).  Silver metallic blue also happens to be very close to the color of my lovely wife’s eyes.