Sunday, May 26, 2013

Spaghetti Westren Part Deux

My original wiring on the mustang worked okay. Back when I was driving the little pony, it only left me stranded one time. However that one time was a doozy. I stopped and refilled the tank, came back to start the car and nothing. No clicking, nothing. I ended up replacing the battery, alternator, voltage regulator and coil. I always wondered why I lost everything at once. Flash forward to today. I am making good progress on replacing the main under dash harness and have ventured out under the hood. I have installed the headlight harness, guage feed and starter solenoid. In the process I have come across many items that have been hacked, spliced and reconnected. My latest item to replace is the alternator feed. Seems someone jury rigged that one too. Sigh! The good news is I have the correct one on order and will get to that little project soon. I feel better knowing that I will have a bone stock, by the book wiring system. I only have one goal - no cuts or splices, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment