Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Whoa Pony!

I know it's been a while since my last post, but know that the restoration is on going - albeit slowly. The past few weeks have been spent on replacing the entire brake and fuel system. I have replaced all the hard lines, soft lines, rebuild master cylinder, clips, wheel cylinders, filters, clamps etc. I know it's not very glamorous, but necessary. Notice that I am replacing the brake system before I even get the engine up running. The fastback is code A with manual factory disk brakes up front and drums in the rear. However the rear is a nine inch axle with traction loc, 10"x2-1/2" pads and factory 3.0 GT gears. Pretty stout for durability and more whoa power! I'm glad I replaced the lines as the originals were corroded and clogged with gunk. Although not correct, I am going back with stainless. Works well, but patience is necessary to seat the flares to prevent leaks.  More photos soon when I get to my desk top...

No comments:

Post a Comment